bad diesel car cutting out, not starting!!??

wrx fifer

hi my wife was in a rush on way to work so went to asda and only put in £7 of there diesel and since she done that car is cutting out and she stalled on roundabout and i had to go get her, managed to bump it and take it home, a4 b7 2.0L tdi 

nightmare luckily she only put so little in but car has not had any other issues before hand at all and no lights on dash so am convinced this is bad fuel as happened immediately after filling.

so went and filled up 2 small 5L jerry cans with  V-POWER diesel and have brought them home, if i fire this in at house and order a new fuel filter today, for tomorrow should that sort it out ok? or with it being such a small amount would i need a new filter? just curious

Hi Grant

I would replace the filter as a matter of course, but also check to see what is left at the bottom of the filter housing and if there's loads of dirty fuel (water content, muck) I would redress it with Asda.

Hopefully just refilling with decent fuel and a new filter should do it.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor