A3 S Line 2.0 - Stage one remap?

sandyfant

Hi everyone,

Recently purchased A3 S Line 2.0T (56 plate) and am looking to get a stage one remap on it. I've found a price for a Revo map (£480), just wondering if anyone has any past experience with Revo or remaps on their A3?

Cheers

Hi Alessandro...welcome to the forum

Not tried the remap on an Audi so can't comment on the effects but Revo are a very reputable company and generally come highly recommended.

Let us know how you get on with your decision

Cheers   Trevor

• 11 months later...

Hi sandyfant, I've purchased the same model 2.0Tfsi 2008 a few weeks ago, I'm just putting a few things right and getting it fully serviced but am interested in whether you went ahead with the REVO Stage 1 and your thoughts on the car since?

Many thanks

Clive

9 hours ago, Reddaddy67 said:

Hi sandyfant, I've purchased the same model 2.0Tfsi 2008 a few weeks ago, I'm just putting a few things right and getting it fully serviced but am interested in whether you went ahead with the REVO Stage 1 and your thoughts on the car since?

Many thanks

Clive

Hey Clive, 

your doing the right thing and having the car serviced first :) 

it's very important that the car is in fine fettle before you have a remap done as the remap will put more wear on components that are already wearing out. This will speed up the wear too. 

Hi all

Just thought I would let you know my 2011 A3 2.0TDI is going in for a stage 1 remap and to have the  EGR switched off at the same time.

I have been looking around for a long time and finally found someone close to me. I initially arranged a visit to have a chat and understand his process.

I was also able to check out his facebook and checkatrade with a feedback of 9.99/10. So I was generally happy with his workmanship.

The process is to take a copy of the existing standard map and send it off for re-mapping, this is the done returned and then loaded back into the ECU.

If this does not work for some reason then he is able to re-load a copy of the standard map taken at the start.

The car is then test driven and when he is happy he will hand it back to me, he also offers DPF removal, but not sure how that one will effect the MOT?

This is done for the princely sum of 199 of my fine English pounds. (special august deal).

I will let you know how the car has improved next weekend when the car has been returned.

Graham

8 hours ago, Southampton Graham said:

Hi all

Just thought I would let you know my 2011 A3 2.0TDI is going in for a stage 1 remap and to have the  EGR switched off at the same time.

I have been looking around for a long time and finally found someone close to me. I initially arranged a visit to have a chat and understand his process.

I was also able to check out his facebook and checkatrade with a feedback of 9.99/10. So I was generally happy with his workmanship.

The process is to take a copy of the existing standard map and send it off for re-mapping, this is the done returned and then loaded back into the ECU.

If this does not work for some reason then he is able to re-load a copy of the standard map taken at the start.

The car is then test driven and when he is happy he will hand it back to me, he also offers DPF removal, but not sure how that one will effect the MOT?

This is done for the princely sum of 199 of my fine English pounds. (special august deal).

I will let you know how the car has improved next weekend when the car has been returned.

Graham

Sounds like you've got a good deal there Graham, abs you've clearly done your homework! :) 

with regard to the dpf I believe it has not yet been included in the mot but there are talks of bringing a test in to make sure it works etc. 

Let up know how you get on as I'm sure other members will be interested :) 

cheers

steve

Hi Steve

I will publish all his details next weekend, but would first like to ensure he is OK.

Once this is done then I have looked at some bodywork mods using carbonfibre wrap or dip using wicked coatings in Poole, Dorset.

I will supply some before and after pics during the process.

8 hours ago, Southampton Graham said:

Hi Steve

I will publish all his details next weekend, but would first like to ensure he is OK.

Once this is done then I have looked at some bodywork mods using carbonfibre wrap or dip using wicked coatings in Poole, Dorset.

I will supply some before and after pics during the process.

Nice one Graham :) thank you :) 

3 hours ago, Rob82DZL said:

Another place I've heard good reviews from for remaps is Angel Tuning near Oxford. 

Anyone on here used there service?

Can't say iv heard their name mentioned on here yet Rob. 

Well.  The deed has been done and I now have a car with a stage 1 re-map.

What a difference. It was obvious as soon as I drove it away.  It seems to rev through the range a lot smoother and has power all through the range starting from about 1400 rpm.

I almost spun all the wheels the first time I pulled away from the lights

The MPG when driving home from work got up over 50mpg so was very pleased

The HP has gone from 170 up to 205.

I was going to have the EGR switched off as well but after another conversation with the mechanic he was not keen to switch it off as feedback from others who have had it done was that the dpf sooted up a lot quicker.  As I was not having the DPF removed we agreed not to switch of the EGR.  Feedback welcome on the decision.

I would be interested to see how it matches up with a REVO re-map or a custom job on a rolling road.

The cost was £195 and took about 4 hours from dropping off to picking the car up.

Just enough time for a couple of beers, weekly shop and a coffee.

Am I glad I did it. Absolutely.

Mechanics details if you are interested:-

James Diggens Auto Services Ltd

Hedge End

Southampton

• Like 1