audi a4 2.0 tfsi security

mentalworkz

Hi all,

Just joined this forum to get some advice. Had the above mentioned car for a year. Today, im sure someone was eyeing up my wheels (rotors), and passed my address when I was pulling in.
Questions I have are about the cars security. Read some info online stating it has an E rated Thatcham, and may have a tilt sensor.

1. Does my car have a tilt sensor that helps protect wheel theft as standard?
2. Does the car come with locking nuts as standard? (I need to take the wheel nut covers off in the morning to check if i have any. Havent had to take them off up to now.)
3. If it doesnt have locking nuts, can anyone recommend some good ones, hopefully with a security symbol on the nut covers themselves...as hopefully this will stop thieves prising off the nut covers to check if locking nuts are installed.

Never had issues so far...but can see me having a sleepless night tonight, with something heavy next to the bed!  Twats. :(

thanks for any advice.
Shaun

Hi Shaun...welcome to the Forum

I don't think the standard alarm system is up to much regarding movement on the vehicle, I think if someone want's your wheels, they'll have them regardless.

Just need to ensure the wheel nuts are anti-theft and clearly display that on the car side window for example.

Cheers   Trevor

Thanks for the reply.
Can you recommend an alarm upgrade? That will give complete protection? Maybe features/hardware can be added to the current alarm...if not, then a complete new alarm.
Mobile phone alerts would also be nice.

thanks

Shaun

I believe there are some alarm systems out there with mobile phone alerts but not totally sure which one to recommend.

Also, there are small webcam devices that activate with movement and send images to your mobile or tablet...that may be a cheaper and better option?