Audi 1.8 TFSI

Gagz

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am looking to buy a 2009/10 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI.

I have seen mixed reviews on these and wanted a bit of help on a few things and what would be recommended;

Automatic or Manual?

What can I do to increase the performance as they are 158 standard, I know remap, exhaust etc. But anything else which isn't going to cost too much e.g changing turbo and how much power could I realistically run.

Overall car and any engine issues?

thanks

Gagz

Hi...and welcome to the forum!

I would personally go for the manual, lot less to go wrong.

I would also start with a remap and see what benefits that brings before going to the next level but I would think, intake, exhaust and turbo to take it beyond the remap.

Let us know when you get your Audi

Cheers  Trevor

Thank you!

That's one thing I have also been thinking, and assuming with more power, a manual would handle it better overall? The one I am currently looking at is a manual

I think a remap would definitely be the first thing on the cards and then progress from there.

I will do! Thanks bud

Gagz

• Like 1

I own one of these, a 2009 model and have learnt quite a few things in the last few months.

They are a good car and very very tunable.

Depending on mileage, first thing I would do is put on some decent tyres, and have the money ready for a new dual mass flywheel and clutch when you need it.  Loads of people give a car more power and start to get clutch slip or flywheels failing.

First upgrade is going to be a stage one remap which will take the 1.8 to between 190 and 230bhp depending on remap, you will also see a huge jump in torque, and it's quite a torquey engine anyway for a 1.8 petrol.

If your talking upgrading the turbo then there's turbo kits out there for a few grand which will take you to over 300bhp, but your going to need to upgrade the exhaust system, probably the injectors too.

Depends how far you want to go.  I will be keeping mine stock, if anything I might put on a miktek exhaust system, more for sound and cosmetics than performance.  Maybe a stage 1 remap after my clutch goes.

Insurance costs are my biggest concern.

Message me if u have any questions.

• Like 1