New to audi teething problems

Leeroy99
聽Share

hi just been buying a4 b6 very impressed with it so far. Having a bit of trouble with c/l ? Remote locks all doors and boot but not drivers door. And doesn't arm the alarm I've got to do it manually? 聽Also what about oil changes ? And flush the engine or not thanks 馃槈

Hi Lee...welcome to the Forum

Possibly the central locking actuator on the drivers door at fault...worth checking the wiring harness as it goes from the A post into the door for broken wires first.

I 聽would always recommend a flush to clear any deposits from inside the engine to allow the oil a better chance of working efficiently.

Cheers 聽 Trevor

Thanks Trevor appreciate it just I've seen some people say don't flush them as ir can cause extra damage? I will check wiring and if not you think it'll be the door motor? 聽Thanks again

Cheers Trevor appreciate it. Trevor I've been looking through the site and some people say not to flush as it can cause more damage then good my car just gone onto 100k and got a good history just unsure what to regards flush ? And best oil to use and also plugs ? Thanks lee.

I have never experienced any issues with using engine flush, but I alway use the one that you drain down the oil, fill half the contents (2.5 - 3.0 litre) and run the engine at fast idle (approx. 1200 rpm for around 5 minutes and drain down. Used this process/flush oil on a commercial basis in my garage business for years with no issues and it definitely cleans out partially聽blocked oilways and cures rattling hydraulic lifter problems. The 'add to oil' type flush in my mind doesn't work as well, but I cannot see how any engine oil flush or detergent flush would have any detrimental effect on an engine. The only time I would not advise to use any thin oil or flush is when a diesel engine is heavily worn and it can potentially draw the fluid past the rings and combust it, leading to a 'runaway engine'.

Engine oil quality is simple....you get what you pay for! 聽Probably the best oils I have used are Mobil1 (not cheap) and Shell Helix Ultra (cheaper).

Spark Plugs....either NGK or even Champion (who have now got their act sorted and producing good plugs again). Would avoid Bosch at all costs.

Thanks Trevor appreciate the info. What is the name of the flush you use ? Im hoping to service it and give it a good going over this weekend. Thanks again lee