BRAKE CALIPERS

SwallownAmazon

Morning Peeps,

New to this forum so would appreciaite some guidance.

I have a 1990 Audi 90 20v that was originally my company car which I was able to buy from my employer when it was changed. It has been in the family ever since having been driven by my wife regularly until she decided she wanted more air-conditioning than the sunroof provides. I couldn't bear to part with it effectively for scrap so it has been laid-up and SORN'd since but I am now considering re-commissioning it for a motoring holiday next year.

The rear brake calipers are now seized at the handbrake pivot although it has been on stands with the brakes off and I wondered if anyone on here has any recommendation as to a competent reconditioner of said rear calipers? The TRW site doesn't list them although the very rare front ones are.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris...welcome to the Forum

http://www.audiownersclub.com/parts-results/80-90/Calipers--Parts/63717

There appear to be a few (probably reconditioned) calipers available through eBay via the above link.

It would be really good to see an old Audi back on the road...and would be an awful shame to see it scrapped.

Keep us informed on how you progress with it.

Cheers  Trevor

• 7 months later...

Reconditioned calipers and new discs/pads obtained from TRW / Brake Engineering (now owned by ZF of gearbox fame) via Motor Parts Direct, a parts factor in Tunbridge Wells. Both companies have bent over backwards to help with this project and a previous one to get new calipers for my 1965 Volvo Amazon.

The Audi is being recommissioned for a trip to Spain in September; rear brakes are the biggest job but it will need a cambelt and I suspect a new radiator as the aluminium core has sprung a leak even though it had antifreeze in it.

This trip sounds awesome Chris! 

Nice to see your keeping the Audi 90 and getting it back on n the road! :) 

if your like me you can get sentimental with cars. The only downside is that it gets very expensive! 

Feel free to share some pics of your 90, I'm sure members would love to see it! 

Also Once you have got it back on the road, feel free to come and attend events with us! Would be great to have your 90 on our club stand! :) 

cheers

steve

• Like 1