Recognising Playlists

RichJW

Hi all,

I have just purchased an AMI cable to connect my MP3 players to the AMI socket in the centre console of my A3 Sportback SE Technik . I bought the official Audi cable from a Dealer, rather than an eBay knock-off, as I read that the Audi cable showed the songs list on the screen allowing you to scroll through. Mine doesn't, it just says I have an external device connected and that's it. I have 2 MP3 players and an iShuffle and they all do the same. Even a new CD I have bought only shows the track numbers, but another shows the name of each title.

Am I missing something?

Edit - It DOES play the songs fine, but I wanted the ability to scroll through on screen, rather than using the MP3 player.

Thanks,

Richard

I would think the best bet would be to go back to the dealer and mention it doesn't work and see if they can guide you in the right direction.

There are a few links in the Technical Section of this forum on setting up MMI which may have some info in there of use.

Thanks Trevor, I'll visit the local dealer at the weekend, once I've had a look through the technical section. Appreciate the advice.