A6 c5 airbag advice

Steve Q

To all c5 owners, has anyone read in their owners manuals that the c5 airbags need to be replaced once the vehicle reaches 14 years old.

Has anyone else seen this in their manuals and is there any risks if the airbags aren't replaced? 

Has anyone replaced them? 

Cheers 

Steve 

I remember reading about the 10 year life span of airbags around 20 years ago and nothing has ever really been done to address the problem of out of date airbags which must deteriorate over time.

Just had a recall for my Honda CRV for potential exploding Airbags...at least I get them done for free I suppose.

This fault has affected a range of cars worldwide, made by one company and fitted to loads of cars...all defective!  Going to cost millions to sort I would imagine

2 hours ago, Trevor said:

Just had a recall for my Honda CRV for potential exploding Airbags...at least I get them done for free I suppose.

This fault has affected a range of cars worldwide, made by one company and fitted to loads of cars...all defective!  Going to cost millions to sort I would imagine

I think Toyota are caught up in that aren't  they? As well as some of the German manufactures. I don't think the VAG group are affected however :)