Custom exhaust

Michael major

Hi there, new to all this. Wanting to get a custom exhaust on my Audi A4 b7 140 tdi. Just wondering if anyone has had one done and which set up did they go for e.g middle box take out, decat. Don't want it to sound S***t. Thanks for reading. 

Hi Michael, 

you can't go wrong with a straight through stainless system. With some companies such as power flow you can choose the sound of the exhaust to a degree as it is down to the baffles they use in the exhaust backbox. 

To stay on the right side of the law and to prevent your insurance from being nil and void I would keep your cat on. It would only give you an extra 5bhp if you took it out. 

Plus I would suspect if you removed the cat you would have a light come on the dash. So you would probs have to have it slightly remapped. 

Hope that helps :) 

cheers 

Steve 

Thanks Steve for the reply. As far as I can tell the car has already had the insides off the cat removed by the last owner by powerflow but didn't get the rest off exhaust done. I had a vw bora with pretty much everything removed just a smaller middle box and there was too much turbo spool noice. Don't want that on the Audi. 

Thanks 

Michael 

Your best bet would be to speak to power flow as they've done previous work on your car :) 

like I say part of the sound comes from the baffles in the exhaust and they can be adapted/adjusted to your taste :)