Advice before purchase

Bear77

Hello all - new to this forum and thinking about purchasing a secondhand A4 B9 model with the 2.0 TFSI petrol engine. Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of and is there much difference between this and the 1.8 version (which seems to be slower and more uneconomical)?

Thanks

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. I am sure some people will be able to help in a specific way but I would say that checking the service history on whatever car you get is high on the egenda. Regular oil changes and timing belt and water pump done when needed etc. The rest is then pot luck really. Some people are lucky and other not. 

I ran an A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro for a couple months about 6 years back and I absolutely loved it. As a massive derv fan normally one of those could sway me in the future.

Good luck whatever path you choose.

Hi Neil...welcome to the Forum

I think Dan3222 has hit the nail on the head....just got to check the history of the car and try to find the best for your money.

Let us know how you get on with purchasing one.

Cheers  Trevor