TDI Engine Carbon Buildup (Pictures)

Luey

Hey everyone,

I've had the day off so today I'm replacing my plastic inlet manifold with a alloy inlet manifold, removing my swirl flaps, blanking off my egr and cleaning out the oily carbon deposits from this side of the system. I'm still putting everything back together but I thought you might get a kick out of the pictures!

The last picture is my EGR valve at 114,000 miles, I will take some pictures from inside the manifold shortly.

The moral of my story, if you love your car, either blank the EGR or clean your intake system!

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

i need to take my inlet manifold off and take a look, mines blanked now but it hadnt been for the first 150k, i bet it looks like dog !Removed! inside there

• Like 1

take the air pipe off your EGR valve and have a look. if it's bad remove your inlet manifold and clean it, return it then blank your EGR

1 hour ago, rbdazza said:

take the air pipe off your EGR valve and have a look. if it's bad remove your inlet manifold and clean it, return it then blank your EGR

Surely mine is too old for an egr?! It's the 2.5tdi engine from 2002