andrewnovell

Hello,

I am about to try and replace my left hand "alien" headlight cleaner.  The car had its bumper replaced before I bought it, and it appears the plastic "L" connector on the alien has broken off (#8 on the schematic attached).  I'm presuming that as it has broken off at the alien body, I'll need to buy a new alien.  However, while I was preparing, as I know it's going to take a bit off effort to remove the bumper, etc., I noticed that along with the main feeder pipe (#16), there appears to be some kind of rubber return pipe running to the right-hand alien as well.  Does anyone know what this is for, as it is not on the schematic???  I haven't removed the bumper yet, so it is a bit hard to get a picture.  Also, any other tips from those that have attempted this before?  Many thanks.

jack-of-headlight-washer-raising-passenger-side-for-audi-tt-cabriolet-ref-8n0955102.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andrew :) 

youll find the members on here are a helpful bunch :) 

however im unsure what the pope is for. Have you asked your local garage or Audi? 

Sorry I can't help as such

cheers

steve