Door won't open from inside OR Outside

Simonne

Hi. Have an Audi TT Roadster 2002. The LHS door is stuck in the locked position. Cannot open from inside or outside. MOT failure! The door panel cannot be removed, door card would have to be cut to gain access. The part is no longer available (8N1-867-103-N-JJU) Any ideas please?? Thanks. 

Welcome to the forum Simonne, sorry to hear your having issues. 

I'm surprised your local garage can't open it. You could take it to Audi? 

Or another suggestion could be to pop the lock with a piece of metal between the door and window glass. Don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot. 

Cheers

steve 

Thanks Steve. Currently it's at Halfords Auto-centre and they've been trying different things for a couple of days.  They've been in touch with Audi and so have I. I believe they've tried everything but will certainly ask the question...You can't get to the clips to remove the door card because you can't open the door to get to them. Even Audi said they'd have to cut the door card but then I can't find a replacement! 

If it were me I would take it Audi for them to look at it. As I'm assuming at this stage they haven't seen it.

I'm also assuming your TT has a long and valid MOT and if so I'd be looking to source a new doorcard before I get anyone to fit the old one.

Have you got any pics of your interior? I can try and have a look and see if there are any on eBay

Cheers

steve