New A6 Allroad owner

Hi All, After many years of being a serial Passat buyer I have defected over to Audi. I've just bought a 2009 A6 Allroad Quattro 3.0 TDI and am over the moon with it. I do however have a load of questions and I'm guessing this is the place to ask them! 

Quattro 13 edit.jpg

Quattro 12 edit.jpg

Quattro 8.jpg

• Like 1

Second question - does anyone have a clue what this random bit of metal is for? It was in the boot when I first looked at the car and the dealer didn't know either - he threw it in for free though :)

Bit of metal 1.jpg

Bit of metal 2.jpg

Welcome to the forum Simon :) 

Good choice of Audi by the way! The allroad s are brilliant :) and a lovely looking allroad it is too :) 

you'll find the members on here are a friendly bunch and will help you with any questions you have :) 

unfortunatley I can't provide you with an answer on either question. Sorry. 

Cheers

steve

Last question (for now anyway!)

I've had the car a couple of weeks now and had a chance to wade through the manual. When I got to the section about the Adaptive Air Suspension, I noticed in my MMI that the option for "Allroad" is missing :( I'm pretty sure it was there when I first looked at the car but now its not, just got "Dynamic", "Automatic", "Comfort" and "Lift" if I go into the setup.

Since I looked at the car, it has been into an Audi main dealer for a service prior to me picking it up - is it likely that they have updated the software and not done it correctly? 

AAS.jpg

9 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Simon :) 

Good choice of Audi by the way! The allroad s are brilliant :) and a lovely looking allroad it is too :) 

you'll find the members on here are a friendly bunch and will help you with any questions you have :) 

unfortunatley I can't provide you with an answer on either question. Sorry. 

Cheers

steve

Thanks Steve, I originally set out to buy an A6 Avant but having spotted this I had to look - only 36k on the clock and very clean inside and out :)  SOLD! 

Hi Simon....welcome to the Forum

Great looking Audi :-)

Sorry, can't help with the first two questions but I certainly wouldn't throw away the bracket as it may be vital to the car...or not but you won't know until the day when you need it, lol.

The allroad setting, I would wait until the dealer has had a chance to look at it,  but it may be something simple like the drivers door is open at the time and it won't feature until closed (like Range Rover, etc).

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1