Rubber falling apart on underside of car

Haz

Hey, 

Just recently got my 2014 Audi A3 and noticed on the underside of the car there was some material hanging down just behind the front passenger tyre?

I took a look at it and it feels rubbery and as though it has come off the metal part it was originally on? It's kind of hard to describe but see attached photos?

Anyone able to tell me if its something I need to worry about or if its just some excess and unnecessary material???

Thanks!
Haz 

IMG_6002.JPG

Hey Haz welcome to the forum :) 

im assuming this piece of trim runs along or below the sill? 

If so I believe it to be just cosmetic. Have you got any pics from further way? 

And is there any clear signs of damage to the bodywork or paintwork? 

Cheers

steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Hey Haz welcome to the forum :) 

im assuming this piece of trim runs along or below the sill? 

If so I believe it to be just cosmetic. Have you got any pics from further way? 

And is there any clear signs of damage to the bodywork or paintwork? 

Cheers

steve 

Hey Steve! Thanks for your reply! I'm hoping that this forum will come in useful and I'll be able to contribute once I get to grips with my first Audi :yahoo:

So its a rubber strip that runs below the sill. Here's another photo (ignore the green my camera is acting up) which shows it in relation to the sill and tyre. 

No clear sign of damage to the paint or bodywork, just random pieces of rubber flaking off. The car is 2014 so not brand new.... Is it just cosmetic?? Or is it something I should be worried about? I can't see it having an actual job really, everything underneath seems to be screwed on these days... but just wanted to get some second thoughts too! 

Cheers

Haz

IMG_5997.JPG

Your welcome Haz :) 

i would deffo say it's cosmetic and nothing to be worried about. Let's face it, it's always the underside of cars that get battered and we don't normally see it. 

Cheers

steve

• 1 month later...