fast edd

fast edd

Good evening all, I know it's a Friday evening and it's "time for wine" red preferred ☺ , has anyone upgraded a 2010  A6 C6 Avant  Le Mans from solid rear discs to vented and is their much to change apart from discs!! .Kind regards Edd .

I don't think you'd have to change anything apart from the discs. As long as they are the same size as your cuttent ones :) 

if your going for discs are you changing to fast road pads too? 

Cheers

steve

HI Steve, thanks for your response,  I haven't investigated disc diameter yet it was more the width of the disc in relation to the caliper/carrier position. Time to start measurements i think.Pad choice , hmmm I was thinking just standard ?.

Good shout Steve, that deals with the hot gas/dust.This maybe my route thinking laterally, no mucking around just like for like .Many thanks. Maybe longer lasting lifetime hopefully ,as my days of driving 205's with 16 valve'ers on twin 45 as if I stole them have long gone 😅😅😅😅.Ah good days those.....

58 minutes ago, fast edd said:

Good shout Steve, that deals with the hot gas/dust.This maybe my route thinking laterally, no mucking around just like for like .Many thanks. Maybe longer lasting lifetime hopefully ,as my days of driving 205's with 16 valve'ers on twin 45 as if I stole them have long gone 😅😅😅😅.Ah good days those.....

Glad I could help :) 

btw iv moved this thread out of the recalls section to the a6 c6 section. 

Now that was back in the day!

cars have got a lot more technical and complicated now! 

Cheers

steve

Oh I don't know , ever worked on  a Citroen XM with an electrical fault😀or anyone for rear beam/trailing arm bearings on a 205/309 etc etc.I wouldn't give my laptop up for any of that nonsense. .....

24 minutes ago, fast edd said:

Oh I don't know , ever worked on  a Citroen XM with an electrical fault😀or anyone for rear beam/trailing arm bearings on a 205/309 etc etc.I wouldn't give my laptop up for any of that nonsense. .....

Lol

lets face it. The French cars are wacky! 

Oh just to mention. Fitting grooved or drilled discs could potentially increase your brake pad wear. 

Yeah, a small byproduct of a little upgrade I suppose. Looking forward to the whole EPB shenanigans whilst doing them too😞😞.I must remember to put the battery on charge while doing it though on a serious note! !!.