Show Report - VAG Tuner Live 2017

Steve Q

On the 16th July saw the return of the VAG Tuner Live show at Donington Park and clubs from around the country were in attendance. Prior to arriving at the show Dan and I met up at Donington Services for breakfast and coffee which was a good way to talk about our plan of action for the day.

Dan and I turned up at 8am to prepare the club stand and then, as well as everyone else gave our cars a final clean and polish before the general public arrived at 9am. This showed the care and attention people made to their vehicles to make them look spotless and I have to say the fit and finish on most of these cars was stunning. Their owners had clearly a good eye for attention to detail and you should be able to see this in the pictures.

Our club display was a short distance away from the VIBE sound system stand. This drew attention as there were a wide variety of vehicles showing off the Vibe products, however not all of these vehicles were VAG cars! On top of this at one point on the Vibe stand there were a number of people doing to Cha Cha slide which was funny to watch!

The public were slow to arrive which meant from 9:00-10:00 the show was quiet but I believe this was down to the poor weather reports. After 10am the show really picked up and despite our club display being small both our cars did attract attention. This was partly down to the cars as Dans a4 drew attention due to being lowered on coilovers and nicely stanced with Range Rover alloys and matching 27” bolts, where as my a6 drew attention from curious attendees regarding  the rear facing seats in the boot. But also the stand drew attention thanks to the club banner and our matching T-shirts. There were plenty of other Audi clubs there too and all the members I spoke to from these clubs were friendly and happy to talk about their cars and discuss the modifications they had made.

Besides the clubs, there were plenty of trade stands and tuning companies offering everything from pressed number plates, dent removal and even carbon cleaning. Some companies such as KW Suspension were willing to demonstrate their products by offering free laps around the track in the passenger seat of their demo car. The show also catered for children too by offering free fairground rides such as Dodgems.  Attendees were also able to access the REVO VIP lounge which had TVs and sofas for you to chill out on as well as having some of the best show cars to look at. This was useful to get out of brief rain spots that we had but thankfully the weather held off for most of the day.

By 3pm the show had died down and exhibitors including ourselves started to pack up and we said our goodbyes and left shortly after. Before we left Dan and I had a debrief on how the show had gone and we definitely agree that despite the low turnout for our club that we should still have a display at VAG Tuner Live next year. We both agree that the show was fantastic and not one to be missed, I know it’s certainly one of the best shows I’ve attended and I will be going next year.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Steve

vag tuner live 1.jpg

vag tuner live 2.jpg

vag tuner live 3.jpg

vag tuner live 4.jpg

vag tuner live 5.jpg

vag tuner live 7.jpg

vag tuner live 8.jpg

vag tuner live 9.jpg

vag tuner live 10.jpg

vag tuner live 11.jpg

vag tuner live 12.jpg

vag tuner live 13.jpg

vag tuner live 14.jpg

vag tuner live 15.jpg

vag tuner live 16.jpg

vag tuner live 22.jpg

vag tuner live 18.jpg

vag tuner live 24.jpg

vag tuner live 25.jpg

vag tuner live 20.jpg

vag tuner live 26.jpg

vag tuner live 27.jpg

vag tuner live 30.jpg

vag tuner live 28.jpg

vag tuner live 19.jpg

vag tuner live 33.jpg

vag tuner live 31.jpg

vag tuner live 32.jpg

vag tuner live 29.jpg

vag tuner live 34.jpg

vag tuner live 35.jpg

vag tuner live 36.jpg

vag tuner live 37.jpg

vag tuner live 38.jpg

vag tuner live 42.jpg

vag tuner live 43.jpg

vag tuner live 44.jpg

vag tuner live 45.jpg

vag tuner live 41.jpg

vag tuner live 39.jpg

vag tuner live 40.jpg

vag tuner live 46.jpg

vag tuner live 47.jpg

vag tuner live 48.jpg

vag tuner live 49.jpg

vag tuner live 50.jpg

vag tuner live 51.jpg

vag tuner live 52.jpg

vag tuner live 53.jpg

vag tuner live 54.jpg

vag tuner live 55.jpg

vag tuner live 56.jpg

vag tuner live 57.jpg

vag tuner live 59.jpg

vag tuner live 58.jpg

vag tuner live 60.jpg

vag tuner live 61.jpg

vag tuner live 62.jpg

vag tuner live 63.jpg

vag tuner live 64.jpg

vag tuner live 65.jpg

vag tuner live 66.jpg

vag tuner live 67.jpg

vag tuner live 68.jpg

vag tuner live 69.jpg

vag tuner live 70.jpg

vag tuner live 71.jpg

vag tuner live 72.jpg

vag tuner live 73.jpg

vag tuner live 74.jpg

vag tuner live 75.jpg

vag tuner live 76.jpg

vag tuner live 77.jpg

vag tuner live 78.jpg

vag tuner live 79.jpg

vag tuner live 82.jpg

vag tuner live 80.jpg

vag tuner live 81.jpg

vag tuner live 21.jpg

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4349.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

• Like 4

Great report Steve, thanks for putting it up....looks like a great show with some fantastic cars present, shame I couldn't go.

Glad you guys had a great time and that the weather also held out (mostly)....looking forward to next year

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Great report Steve, thanks for putting it up....looks like a great show with some fantastic cars present, shame I couldn't go.

Glad you guys had a great time and that the weather also held out (mostly)....looking forward to next year

Thanks Trevor! I can't stress enough how great it was :) 

theres always next year Trevor :) would be well worth you coming even though it is a very long distance from you! 

• Like 1

Was a great show. Was also a really good day. Wish more members could of made it aswel but its understandable why people couldnt. Will deffinatly be going again next year aswel. Looking forward to audis in the park now can meet up with steve again and others too. 

Steve thank you for the kind words aswel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golf mk2 man said:

Was a great show. Was also a really good day. Wish more members could of made it aswel but its understandable why people couldnt. Will deffinatly be going again next year aswel. Looking forward to audis in the park now can meet up with steve again and others too. 

Steve thank you for the kind words aswel

I know I keep saying it dan but it was a fantastic day! 

Me too! Il be sorting out the final info/details for Audis in the park over the next week :) 

Deffo looking forward to meeting up with you Dan. You and your family were great company :) 

and your most welcome! :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golf mk2 man said:

Ok then mate i will get my tickets ordered either this week or next. 

As were you mate. Nice to meet someone whos  genuine and plesent. Look forward to seeing you soon

Perfect. Il be buying mine today. Once you've bought yours if you can put paid on the attendees list it would be appreciated :) 

thsnk you :) and you were too! :) 

looking forward to seeing you at Audis in the park :)