New-to-me A3 Cab S-Line

Clive-D

Hi - couple of weeks into my 1st Audi and having just driven to Cornwall and back from Guildford I'm loving it - just under 500 miles and it's saying over 100 to go, will check when I fill up. Find the drive and ride positive, firm yet not harsh, the seats in the S-Line are really nice, much more supporting than I experienced in a friends standard A4. All in all very nice. Got the alloys refurbed before I picked it up cos I knew I'd never get round to it otherwise. No cruise which would be nice but biggest complaint so far is the wing mirrors which seem to have not auto retract. This is an April 2011 model - do I really have to walk round the car folding in the wing mirrors?! Haven't done that for years. Even my wife's '04 Jazz can retract the wing mirrors electrically!

IMG_8226.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8242.JPG

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

1 hour ago, Clive-D said:

Hi - couple of weeks into my 1st Audi and having just driven to Cornwall and back from Guildford I'm loving it - just under 500 miles and it's saying over 100 to go, will check when I fill up. Find the drive and ride positive, firm yet not harsh, the seats in the S-Line are really nice, much more supporting than I experienced in a friends standard A4. All in all very nice. Got the alloys refurbed before I picked it up cos I knew I'd never get round to it otherwise. No cruise which would be nice but biggest complaint so far is the wing mirrors which seem to have not auto retract. This is an April 2011 model - do I really have to walk round the car folding in the wing mirrors?! Haven't done that for years. Even my wife's '04 Jazz can retract the wing mirrors electrically!

IMG_8226.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8242.JPG

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

Welcome to the forum Clive :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

lovely looking a3 by the way, oh and the S Line spec is nice! Far better over the se spec ;) 

in terms of the wing mirrors I believe they don't have the auto retract function as standard. I believe it's an optional extra. 

On a more positive note i also believe cruise control can be retro fitted to your a3 :) 

hope iv helped :) 

cheers

steve

• Like 1

Hi Clive....welcome to the Forum

I suppose you could think of it as good exercise walking round the car after a long journey and also gives you the opportunity to examine it for new scratches, dents, etc.

See, there's always a positive   :yes:

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,  Trevor