Tuned

Lethalw

Hey Gary, what kind of tuning are you thinking? 

A good place to start what be a to remap the ecu. This would give you a health power increase and should give you a smoother torque curve. Each remap should be tailored to the car as every car is different due to age, mileage and the way it's been driven. 

Just remember to have the car in fine fettel because the remap will just speed up the wearing process on parts that are already starting to go. 

Other options could be to put a stainless steel exhaust on the s5 which will give you a better engine note plus each silencer you remove improves the way the exhaust gasses leave the vehicle, this can increase power slightly but we're talking 5-10bhp at best. People mainly do it to improve the sound ;) 

obviously you can change the turbos, camps etc etc but then your talking serious money! 

Hope iv helped cheers

steve

thanks Steve. useful information.

i am purely after performance improvement (not that i am unhappy with the current performance ha ha).

i have a 2014 with 14k miles on it.

many thanks

Gary

41 minutes ago, Lethalw said:

thanks Steve. useful information.

i am purely after performance improvement (not that i am unhappy with the current performance ha ha).

i have a 2014 with 14k miles on it.

many thanks

Gary

Not a problem Gary :) glad I could help :) 

sounds to me the best course of action for you would be to get a remap. As I say it will be tailored to your car and your requirements. And as long as your not looking for stupid power the auto box will manage just fine :) 

the remap potentially may improve mpg as your improving the running of the engine but but it's not guaranteed. 

Cheers

steve