NEW pls help which audi to get

Patrico777

Hi

My name is Patrick currently owning fiesta ST, wanting to move to audi a3 black edition 2012 did not test drive one yet will test drive one on Monday if not buying as well lol before buying I also saw 170bhp version what the difference ?? Only power I could also remap 140bhp to 170-180bhp easily ? Which one shld I go for any common faults on these cars ? Also when cambelt needs changing on these cars as that car I want is on 80k miles and no record of cambelt 

thank you

Welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

any a3 can be remapped and they all benefit from this and taking a 140bhp car to 170bhp should easily be doable. 

In terms of the cambelt of its on 80k and a 2912 model then i would say it certainly needs a new cambelt and waterpump by now. 

Cheers

steve

6 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

any a3 can be remapped and they all benefit from this and taking a 140bhp car to 170bhp should easily be doable. 

In terms of the cambelt of its on 80k and a 2912 model then i would say it certainly needs a new cambelt and waterpump by now. 

Cheers

steve

The price is £8,875 and it sits on 83k one owner before is it worth getting 170bhp or shld I stick with 140 and get it remapped also 140 bhp is £30 tax per yr compared to 170bhp £150 or so what wld U advice 🙏

A one owner car is always good but certainly check to see if the cambelt has been done :) 

As I say a remap should push the 140 to 170. In terms of preference they are both good cars and will drive very similar. It's not always about the engine though. Both cars may have different specs. It's always good to go for a S Line or black edition if you can. On looking at your first post the car your looking at is the black edition which is great! :) 

I have to say that's a big tax difference. 

Cheers

steve 

55 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

A one owner car is always good but certainly check to see if the cambelt has been done :) 

As I say a remap should push the 140 to 170. In terms of preference they are both good cars and will drive very similar. It's not always about the engine though. Both cars may have different specs. It's always good to go for a S Line or black edition if you can. On looking at your first post the car your looking at is the black edition which is great! :) 

I have to say that's a big tax difference. 

Cheers

steve 

Yeah I love how black edition looks this is the car Im going to see it today if all good I put down deposit and collect Wednesday as got someone for my ST 

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

2 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah I love how black edition looks this is the car Im going to see it today if all good I put down deposit and collect Wednesday as got someone for my ST 

Car looks nice . Shame it does not have color sat nav or bose sound system 

Re engine : http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/140988/

7 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

Car looks nice . Shame it does not have color sat nav or bose sound system 

Re engine : http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/140988/

Does had bose sound system but it was near luton so as u can imagine !Removed!! Very dirty scratches splitter had dent engine sounded like tractor something was resonating inside same as squeking noise ! Did not take it ao upset

so going to view this on wednesday, hopefully with be the one ! I also like more black so this would be perfect fingers crossed will keep you posted 

7 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Looks good . Check the rusted brake disks when you get there :) it looks like the car have been stationary for sometime .

Yeah will deffo check them also lip on the discs, was wondering also as he said they have recieved the car, but no MOT on it ? I hope so they put fresh mot on it before sell, hopefully this be good car, as got buyer on for mine car dont want to turn him down lol pfa of my car

IMG_7642.JPG

6 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Defo dont buy it without mot. What made you change from ford to audi ?

I love ny ST, but MPG made me to move to diesel and reliable diesel are german cars wanted bmw 330d m sport but insurance is joke only 23 and audi works out cheapest etc and also will go for holiday next year so need better car as its 20hour drive to europe where Im from originally

9 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

Sounds like a plan . Where about from europe you are ? 

I do 3200km trip 1 times per year to poland and back

Slovakia, simillar mk but I dont drive all the way home on from belgium germany then czech and put the car on train and sleep inside train in morning im in my town so i will do around 1000km there 1000km back kurva jego macz lol

I had a 2008 A3 140 s-line which was fantastic, was capable of over 60mpg if you tickled it! (That didn't happen very often 😊). Unfortunatelt it got wrote off with a rear end shunt and my replacement was my current 2011 A3 170 Quattro s-line. Besides the extra power the 170 is worlds apart mainly due to being quattro. After driving a quattro I don't think I could go back to a 2wd! 

If you don't mine paying the extra tax I'd say go for the 170. Anothet good thing to look out for is ask if it's had the emmisions update and if it has make sure you take it for a good test drive at least 10-15 miles to get it right up to temp. 

I've heard a few stories now where the update had caused an issue and rathet than getting it sorted they have just been sold as seen to whoever is unfortunate enough to buy it.

If in any doubt mate ask on here there are plenty of us to help you dodge a bad egg!

9 minutes ago, Rob82DZL said:

I had a 2008 A3 140 s-line which was fantastic, was capable of over 60mpg if you tickled it! (That didn't happen very often 😊). Unfortunatelt it got wrote off with a rear end shunt and my replacement was my current 2011 A3 170 Quattro s-line. Besides the extra power the 170 is worlds apart mainly due to being quattro. After driving a quattro I don't think I could go back to a 2wd! 

If you don't mine paying the extra tax I'd say go for the 170. Anothet good thing to look out for is ask if it's had the emmisions update and if it has make sure you take it for a good test drive at least 10-15 miles to get it right up to temp. 

I've heard a few stories now where the update had caused an issue and rathet than getting it sorted they have just been sold as seen to whoever is unfortunate enough to buy it.

If in any doubt mate ask on here there are plenty of us to help you dodge a bad egg!

Shld there be a certificate etc or something ?? For the emissions ? Going to see this one tomorrow hopefully it be nice

http://www.autosussex.co.uk/used-cars/audi-a3-2-0-tdi-black-edition-3dr-billingshurst-201709018876777

Shld there be a certificate etc or something ?? For the emissions ? Going to see this one tomorrow hopefully it be nice

http://www.autosussex.co.uk/used-cars/audi-a3-2-0-tdi-black-edition-3dr-billingshurst-201709018876777

All you need is the reg and you can check it online. 

How many miles for full tank in 140bhp

I used to get around 600-700 miles out of a tank in the 140 comuting to work and back (43.5 miles each way). At the very worst 350-400. It really depends how heavy your right foot is. 😊

10 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

The reg is av61vae can u check im not surr where

Yep it's already had it done. 

Just to be clear although it has been known to cause issues, most don't so if you find a good one don't be put off by the fact it's had it done.

If you find one that hasn't though I personally wouldn't get it done as it's not legally required and it's been noted in some cases that you can lose performance and economy!

Happy hunting dude hopefully you've found a gem 😁.

38 minutes ago, Rob82DZL said:

Yep it's already had it done. 

Just to be clear although it has been known to cause issues, most don't so if you find a good one don't be put off by the fact it's had it done.

If you find one that hasn't though I personally wouldn't get it done as it's not legally required and it's been noted in some cases that you can lose performance and economy!

Happy hunting dude hopefully you've found a gem 😁.

Thanks picking it up tomorrow morning ! Drives superb only slight problem noise from wheel like pads rubbing or something might be pads or I hope its not calipers also saw discs had bit rust from the washing so need to drive it more tomorrow but hopefully be ok and I take it tomorrow

IMG_8513.JPG

On 06/09/2017 at 5:07 PM, Patrico777 said:

Thanks picking it up tomorrow morning ! Drives superb only slight problem noise from wheel like pads rubbing or something might be pads or I hope its not calipers also saw discs had bit rust from the washing so need to drive it more tomorrow but hopefully be ok and I take it tomorrow

IMG_8513.JPG

Get the garage to do the brake nosie before you pick it up! What it likely is, is that at somepoint on a pad change someone has probably found it awkward to put tge new pads in and instead of cleaning up the caliper they take out the stainless steel fitting kit! Then what happens is the pad has too much free play and leans over and runs on the disk causing the noise!

Easy fix though if thats the case 😊

Edited by Rob82DZL
It thought I used a bad word! It was'nt in context!

42 minutes ago, Rob82DZL said:

Get the garage to do the brake nosie before you pick it up! What it likely is, is that at somepoint on a pad change someone has probably found it awkward to put tge new pads in and instead of cleaning up the caliper they take out the stainless steel fitting kit! Then what happens is the pad has too much free play and leans over and runs on the disk causing the noise!

Easy fix though if thats the case 😊

Did get the car, I got warranty 3 months so I will get it checked if fault they will pay for the faults

• Like 1