please can anyone advise

advaughan26

hi all.

I have been offered a lovely audi a4 B6 2.0 fsi 150bhp sport.

driven the car and she drives fantastically now the only problem is the airbag lights on and also the engine management light is on.

previous owner has had the car for 3 years, changed the maf sensor and other sensors and the engine light is still on but because it drives well he hasnt bothered getting it fixed (ifnit aint broke dont fix it type of guy)

airbag lights only just came on and has told me there is a way to clear the fault.

the codes are as follows

airbag light 00474

and last code is P0108.

I havent plugged in vag com as i dont own the car yet and none of my friends have one to lend me. should i invest or steer clear? .

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Adam :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Sorry this topic has been missed! 

More often than not the airbag issue can be traced to a loose wire under the passenger side seat. But obviously if it's not this it will be more expensive to fix! 

With any car your looking at have a look at the service history to see when the cambelt and water pump we're last changed. 

Also ask the seller if you can get an independent inspection carried out. Companies such as the AA and RAC offer this service for a fee. If you find the seller is reluctant or refuses then you have to question what they or the car has to hide! 

Here is a YouTube video that may be of use: 

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve