A8 door locking issue

Mark Townsend

Hi all

i have noticed on my a8 the auto door locking feature when you pull away doesn't always lock the front doors as I especially notice the little red light between the lock/unlock buttons on door is not lit up. Other times the red light is lit up indicating the door is locked.

anyone else experienced this? Please and is there a reason or solution? As I find this feature useful and a good security measure.

many thanks 

Hey mark, sorry to hear your having issues with your a8. 

By any chance havenyou got vagcom? I ask as I believe in other Audi models the auto lock feature could be programmed in at a later date. IM telling you this as the system may just need resetting. 

In failing that I would suspect a sensor has failed that tells the car when to lock. 

Your best bet is to get it plugged in for a diagnostic check if you haven't got vagcom. 

Hope iv helped 

cheers

steve 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Townsend said:

Thanks for your reply Steve.

now I'm going to sound dumb but what is vagcom? And can I do a reset myself to see if that will fix the problem?

regards

mark

Your welcome :) 

Vagcom is a basic form of diagnostic equipment you can buy. It can cost up to £300 for the all singing all dancing versions (like rosstech) but I believe it can be bought for less than £100 but don't quote me on that. 

quite a few other members have it abd have found it useful to find out fault codes and reset certain features on their Audis :) 

hope iv helped :) 

cheers

steve