Sign in to follow this  
WPAWS

Freezer organizer

Recommended Posts

Got bored so organized the freezer as i do most of the cooking in the house as the wife works from 5 - 7.30 in the evenings.

Was sick of all the boxes and fancy packages, nothing worse than getting the munchies for burgers grabbing the box and finding only 1 burger left so i have repacked almost everything into clear freezer bags so i can see straight away just what i have and how much is left now i can see what i`m low on and can add it to the shopping list :yahoo: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

Got bored so organized the freezer as i do most of the cooking in the house as the wife works from 5 - 7.30 in the evenings.

Was sick of all the boxes and fancy packages, nothing worse than getting the munchies for burgers grabbing the box and finding only 1 burger left so i have repacked almost everything into clear freezer bags so i can see straight away just what i have and how much is left now i can see what i`m low on and can add it to the shopping list :yahoo: 

Couldn't agree more with this Paul! 

The boxes take up so much wasted space! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - that works until the Mrs goes to cook something and does not know a fig about fundamental cooking temperatures and times. Do you cut out the cooking instructions for this eventuality?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol i get the same thing from my wife what gas mark and for how long lol

I dont cut out the cooking card i just tell her

She is so bad at cooking if it says gas mark 6 for 15 mins she'll cook it for 15 min

I've not let her cook since she done a chicken not saying it was not cooked but the damn chicken almost walked out the oven lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Envy said:

Hmm - that works until the Mrs goes to cook something and does not know a fig about fundamental cooking temperatures and times. Do you cut out the cooking instructions for this eventuality?

 

 

Ah yes you raise a fair point! 

But I just go on the view everything goes in at 200-220 degrees for 10-20 mins lol. Then keep checking it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Ah yes you raise a fair point! 

But I just go on the view everything goes in at 200-220 degrees for 10-20 mins lol. Then keep checking it! 

this is true :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you would buy a bigger fridge, you wouldn't think more about organizing the boxes inside the fridge. You'll just call the garbage truck inside the house and clean up the fridge once per week. That's the main reason I bought a bigger refrigerator but my wife still believes I bought it for fitting more food. Naive women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really pleased and reassured that I feel I don’t have to be concerned about not getting the gist of the reply to this 2 year old thread! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why your fridges don't have a long life - you don't clean, you don't maintain, you don't care about it and you end up spending unnecessary money. If you buy a quality built fridge and maintain it properly it can work for years and years. This is referred to all the house appliances as I see a lot of people throwing them away and buying another one and repeating the circle. If there are people that realize that, the next time you'll buy an appliance, think about the quality, not about the money, it will turn out a better deal. I had to throw away a few fridges also until I learned this lesson and finally invested in a good one from ianboer.com.au. Learn from the mistakes of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey - some folk need to chill out and let it go or Elsa they may blow a gasket. People can be poles apart but I think we are only just (after 2 years) hitting the tip of the iceberg. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:46 AM, Envy said:

Crikey - some folk need to chill out and let it go or Elsa they may blow a gasket. People can be poles apart but I think we are only just (after 2 years) hitting the tip of the iceberg. 

No puns intended I take it 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this