motorised parcel shelf issue

ianpayne01

Hi all - just got a 2015 A6 Avant SE and I'm very happy about that!

One issue, which I knew when I bought it, is it seems to be missing a 'clip' on the left hand side (picture shows what's there on the right hand). The parcel shelf doesn't work properly and generally falls off the track when the tailgate closes. Seems to be a specific issue and I'm hoping this forum can help answer the following questions (1) anyone experienced this (2) is is possible to just pull out the clip or would it likely cause damage (3) would Audi just provide a replacement clip or would I have to leave it in. 

The seller (Cargiant) will take it back to fix but I'd like to avoid the hassle of going back there and leaving the car in. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance and happy driving. Ian

IMG_8383.jpg

Hi Ian welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :)

iv seen this happen on other cars and seems to occur when people are too heavy handed with the parcel shelf. 

If it were me and car giant had offered to fix it then I would let them even if it does cause you slight inconvenience. 

I would assume you can buy the clip from Audi to be honest :) 

cheers

steve

The part in question is around £1 from Audi and will just clip in and takes about 20 seconds to do.

When I bought my car it was missing one so I bought 2 just in case.

I'd let CG order the part and send it to me if it was a £30 part, but for a £1 I couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for comment. I thought it would be something trivial. Local Audi said they’d need to book car in for 2 days to take a look - based on description of issue. And CG, having already taken a look, did not offer up a simple solution...

There’s no damage and the black housing on the cable where the clip fits is intact (and the cable runs smoothly). So just a clip in as you say...couldn’t find one on the internet so I guess I’ll stop by Audi before the appointment to see if they have one...

It's designed to pop off to save the mechanism I guess.

There wasn't a part number I could find for it but 10 minutes in the dealers and they found the number and ordered them in overnight for me for a whole £2 inc VAT.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...