Advanced Key/Push button option

Ksouza

Hi, Audi peoples,

I'm seriously considering to buy a 2017 S3 from dealers brand new. The model that the salesman mentioned to me has the following specs:

• Ara blue, crystal effect (K6K6)
  • Audi Virtual Cockpit (9S8)
  • Parking+, front and rear (7X2)
  • Door mirror-elec/fold/heat (6XE)
  • Technology pack advanced (WB6)
  • Privacy glass (VW1)
  • Hold Assist (UH2)
  • Booster for Phone box (GB1)

I haven't seen the car live yet as we spoke on the phone whilst I was in the airport off on holiday. He has sent me pics via email, however, I won't see the car until I'm back next week. For the money and the deal that they are doing for me, I don't feel I would get the same spec car with the 2 additional features that I would have liked they are, Advanced Key & Panoramic roof. Plus Leon the salesman from Bristol Audi is a sound guy and sold my girlfriend her recent A1 with a fantastic spec. So I do trust him.

My question is as this car is new but already built would I be able to get the advanced key feature added, without going full aftermarket product?

Can anyone give me any feedback on my question and who I would go to?

Hey Kaie, 

Sorry no one has answered this question for you. For a kick off this car sounds a great spec!

Obviously if you want the panoramic roof you'll have to specifically order the car and normally you wait 3 extra months for this. 

In terms of the advanced key it might be worth asking the dealer if they can fit this whilst the car is being built as retrofitting them, despite possible is a nightmare. 

I say this as your car would need new key modules, approx 5 sensors adding to each door including the boot, sensor in the dash, wiring loom adding to the door handles, the mmi upgrading. Then on.top of that you'll need the necessary computer coding. 

From reading around on internet the hypthetical cost is in the region of £1700

Hope IV helped

Cheers

Steve 

23 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hey Kaie, 

Sorry no one has answered this question for you. For a kick off this car sounds a great spec!

Obviously if you want the panoramic roof you'll have to specifically order the car and normally you wait 3 extra months for this. 

In terms of the advanced key it might be worth asking the dealer if they can fit this whilst the car is being built as retrofitting them, despite possible is a nightmare. 

I say this as your car would need new key modules, approx 5 sensors adding to each door including the boot, sensor in the dash, wiring loom adding to the door handles, the mmi upgrading. Then on.top of that you'll need the necessary computer coding. 

From reading around on internet the hypthetical cost is in the region of £1700

Hope IV helped

Cheers

Steve 

The centre console is different too.

• Like 1