Electrical problem

Rocksta

Hi guys. Looking for some help

my Audi has been of the road for a few years but wanting to fix it. 

I had the typical wiring broken in door shut issue which caused nothing to work on driver side door. 

I have no replaced the wiring which has had no effect except now the passenger side window won't operate. I have also replaced the door lock motor on the driver side in case I had damaged that. 

The central locking still works on all doors but the drivers side which is what makes me think it's not the comfort modual. 

Any idea where to go next?

Hi Bradley....welcome to the Forum

I would imagine that if there were broken wires that possibly they could have touched and short-circuited something else in the system.

It would be worth going through all of the fuses and circuit breakers to check if anything is blown.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers,  Trevor

Welcome to the forum Bradley :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I'm not too sure on what advice I can give but if it were me I'd get an auto electrician on the case. Also it might be worth you plugging the car into a diagnostic machine such as vagcom to see what faults are coming up.

Cheers

Steve 

i have a no communication with the driver door module code. 

I have checked the live and earth feeds so I'm guessing it's going to be a component somewhere rather then wiring. 

As as far as an auto electrication is concerned I'm running in a bit of a budget at the moment so that would be a no go for me. 

Ok so I decided to retrace my steps. I had working windows on the passenger door before I changed the loom. So I rechecked that and me being an idiot I didn't realise the looks were different. 

So put the old one back in and did a quick bodge repair and it all works again. Just need to source a new loom.