Fuel filler

PMH

Hi all,

2010 A6 Le Man 2.0TDi

I have been having some issues with the emissions control warning light coming on. The garage suspect a dodgy sensor and have added some DPF cleaner to the fuel to help the situation?

When I checked the fuel filler earlier I could see straight down the fuel pipe. I am sure there used to be a flap across the neck of the filler. Should there be one?

As anyone else got a flap across the filler pipe? I wondered if this might be part of the problem?

Thanks

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul :) 

You'll find d the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

What kind of driving g are you doing? I ask as I'm wondering whether the dpf is able to do it's regeneration cycle properly. 

Wgat garage are you using?

I too live in leicestershire and use AC motor services in Syston. Brilliant garage and very knowledgeable. Please note I have not links to them bar them fixing and servicing my a6.

Cheers

Steve 

Thanks for the reply.

I am mainly town but do a weekly longer drive. The dpf seems to regen as every so often the fan runs after turning the engine off. Also the revs seem a bit higher in idle every so often.

I take it to Tanvic in Loughborough as they have always looked after me.

They suspect the first sensor before the DPF?

Will investigate a bit more although it drives fine!