Service Costs

Rob Wheeler

Hi, I have just booked my A4 s line in for a 35000 mile service at my local dealer. To be honest I was taken aback buy the cost. The only difference I can see from my last service is the trans oil change. They have quoted £750.00 ! I am thinking of ditching the local dealer and going elsewhere, but I am worried about my warranty..😟

Hello Rob,

Manual or automatic?

In any case, I don't understand why the transmission fluid needs to be changed on a year old car. If it is an auto, and IF it does need to be changed, then I think this involves removing the transmission sump etc. new filter as well as the new - expensive? - fluid. 

Using another non-local Audi dealer may result in an alternative lower quote and will obviuosly not affect your warranty. Using a non VAG garage could, rather than will, but you would need to take better advise on this before deciding to move away from Audi dealerships. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Quote from audi web 

"Your Audi's transmission fluid acts as both a lubricant and coolant to your transmission system. Wear and tear breaks down the viscosity of transmission fluid, making it less effective and potentially causing damage to other components.

To make sure your gear changes remain seamless, your transmission fluid should be changed according to your service schedule every 38,000 miles."

Interesting Piotr,

What is the grade of this fluid?

I take it it is an automatic we are talking of here, and if so, what is different/inferior about Audi's transmission fluid which renders it ready for change at 38K miles when many other manufacturers do not even have a change schedule for their auto transmission fluids? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.