Fuel pump advisory!

fast edd
聽Share

Good evening boys n girls, 聽on Tuesday I had a service, cambelt/waterpump kit and inspection by my local VAG Indy and they advised that my Fuel pump was noisy! !, ok so it has made a wine/ murmur since I've had it , you can hear it behind the drivers seat when the stereo isn' on but hasn't in my opinion got more noisy! !!! any ideas? should I have it replaced or leave it and if it does pack up will it cause issues with my fuel system pre filter??.Answers on a post card 馃榾馃榾

Hey Edd,聽

I'd say if you.havent noticed any change in it's noise then I wouldn't worry about it. At the end of the day, you as the owner and driver are best placed to know the little noises your a6 makes. They've probably told you about it to cover themselves if you see what I mean.聽

Cheers聽

Steve :)聽

Hi Edd

Usually pumps do get noisier as they start to wear and then scream when they're about to pack up completely.

Maybe it would be fruitful to source one whilst you have the luxury of time rather than waiting for it to go and having to make an impulse purchase.

I believe you should be able to fit it yourself but if not, at least you'll have one when you do need to replace it and even the AA or RAC could fit it if necessary.

Cheers,聽 Trevor

Hi Trevor, 聽thanks for your reply, I think I'll just get in done after Xmas as it's about 拢230 fitted by聽VAS at Holton heath. 聽I'm aware its' under the rear seat and it's probably noisier due to the cold spell also. Happy Christmas to you and all the other fellow members A6 or otherwise. 馃憤馃憤

Yes they are a good garage unless like me you have your cambelt kit and water pump done and pick up your car in the dark , drive down the road and wander why people are flashing you?. You park your car in front of a walk and realise that your headlights are like Camileon eyes!!!!. All sorted next day馃槸馃槸

• 2 weeks later...

Mines a 3.0ltr TDI and my tank pump packed up a while ago...replaced with second hand one off eBay...it only runs when you first start car....to prime line up...then main pump then takes over...on a 3.0ltr...so is not working all the time..