Clutch in to start?

big al 83

Hi Alan, 

I think.your a3 is perfectly fine. I believe this clutch pedal depressed to start was brought in 2007 so it would all depend when yours was built, not registered. If you see what i mean. I think the only exception to the rule is the s3 which had the clutch depress to start feature in 2006 if not sooner.

Cheers

Steve

My mates 2008 needs the clutch in to start. I seem to remember when I bought the car on the test drive I had to depress the clutch to start it 😵 not sure though.

That would figure as it's after 2007 when they started applying the feature. 

Hmm I'm not sure then, as your a3 is registered as a 2007 model it could be either. As in, the model with the feature or without. What comes on the dash when you start it? 

And what does the handbook say? 

Cheers

Steve

There's no messages on the dash. Maybe I'm becoming a little paranoid.For instance,  I had a new set of alloys delivered today to my local tyre fitters to have a new set of tyres fitted. Went up after work to get them fitted to the car and as they drove the car out I spotted they were not the alloys I had ordered. 😠 long story short, they won't take them back as they've been fitted to the car. I'm waiting for a call tomorrow to see what is going to happen.

It's one thing after another with this car. I love the car but it's starting to grind me down now. 😞

2 hours ago, big al 83 said:

There's no messages on the dash. Maybe I'm becoming a little paranoid.For instance,  I had a new set of alloys delivered today to my local tyre fitters to have a new set of tyres fitted. Went up after work to get them fitted to the car and as they drove the car out I spotted they were not the alloys I had ordered. 😠 long story short, they won't take them back as they've been fitted to the car. I'm waiting for a call tomorrow to see what is going to happen.

It's one thing after another with this car. I love the car but it's starting to grind me down now. 😞

If there are no error messages on.the dash and in my opinion your a3 may or may not have had the clutch to start system, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Sorry to hear about your wheel issues! I wonder what the the wheel company will do? 

And to be fair to the car the wheel side of things wasn't technically a failing of the car, if you see what I mean. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers

Steve :)