When to get car remapped

Young driver

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. Just a general enquiry. I bought a 2007 Audi A4 s line Quattro 2.0tdi about a week ago and was considering a remap but I was thinking of doing it after doing the service which I think is in August. So what do you guys think. Shall I remap it soon or wait for service. Also which is the best type of Remap I.e. ecu remap or revo. Cheers. 

Welcome to the forum Uneeb, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

In my opinion a remap would be better carried out after a service as the car will have been checked over and your car will be fresh with new fluids. 

If you are a young driver have you done insurance quotes to see what the price will be with the remap? This would be the first thing I'd do. As it goes without saying you MUST tell them you have had the car remapped because if you have an accident and you haven't told them then your insurance would be void and you would be unlikely to get insurance again. Believe it or not insurance companies do have the right to check the car for any modifications.

Cheers

Steve