Immobiliser issue

Foxy2018

Alarm kept randomly going of in night and key fob would switch off then a few months later Key fob wouldn't unlock car,  alarm went off but I could start car with key and drive. 

Few weeks later car wouldn't turn over, jump started no worries, didn't drive for a few days and wouldn't start. Jump started all okay. 

Same again a few days later, wouldn't jump start, so took battery off to charge, then the car would start for a second as immobiliser is on flashing with alarm. 

I've brought new battery, new Audi key fob batteries, Sprayed WD40 in ignition, no joy. Can turn over stays started for a bit longer, immobiliser and alarm on cuts out. 

HELP!!! 

Welcome to the forum Debbie, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

My advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up. I will suspect it may require ban auto electrician to fix the problem. 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve

Hello Debbie,

Being from the school of worth giving it a try, It could be worth trying this:-

Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the position where the warning lights show, but it does not attempt to start the engine. Leave on for a few seconds then switch off. Repeat this 5 times and on the last time, press the lock and unlock buttons on the fob before switching off.

Try to start the car.

If its still the same then i would suggest a half day out with an auto electrician as Steve says.

There are more in-depth key fob reprogramming suggestions for VAG cars if you Google it, but being pessimistic, I've yet to have luck with any of them. But always worth a try.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Hi Gareth thanku so much for yr reply, I've tried it and no good.  On my dash when I turn on the ignition on I only have Esp and the Airbag. The engine ticks over a little bit longer but that alarm and flashing lights kicks in. And cuts out. Do you think I could have a damp problem because since I turned my car to the north its also played up

Regards

Debbie

Hi Steve thanku so much for yr reply, I've tried it and no good.  On my dash when I turn on the ignition on I only have Esp and the Airbag. The engine ticks over a little bit longer but that alarm and flashing lights kicks in. And cuts out. Do you think I could have a damp problem because since I turned my car to the north its also played up

Regards

Debbie

3 hours ago, Foxy2018 said:

Hi Steve thanku so much for yr reply, I've tried it and no good.  On my dash when I turn on the ignition on I only have Esp and the Airbag. The engine ticks over a little bit longer but that alarm and flashing lights kicks in. And cuts out. Do you think I could have a damp problem because since I turned my car to the north its also played up

Regards

Debbie

You're welcome Debbie :) 

Erm potentially, some Audi's did suffer from damp issues which affected the electrics. Your best bet is to check to see if the front floor carpet is wet as well as the carpet under the dash which is up against the bulkhead. 

You'll need to check the area of the pollen filter (passenger side footwell) and where the battery sits as these can be common water leakage areas. 

Here's a YouTube video of the battery area fault: 

Cheers

Steve