ABS/ESP fault

Sashi

Hi,

Yesterday when I was turning in a corner suddenly my ABS/ESP become faulty warning lamp came ON & it was stalling, it is an Automatic A3 the gears are not shifting to higher gears in time. don't know why did anybody had the similar issue anytime.

I tried the battery reset but it didn't clear the fault, when I do the ignition cycle ABS lamp didn't go OFF and after that ABS & ESP lamp ON continuously and also Steering fault which is because of ABS fault.  but now I can drive and the gear shift is OK. I'm planning to take it to the garage to read the diagnostic code to understand the problem. meanwhile, if anybody knows the reason why please let me know.

I checked the brake fluid level & its between Min & Max.

last weekend a stone get struck in the RR brake disk making squeaking noise while driving and I pushed the metal cover behind the disk and the stone came out.

Audi A3 2006MY 2T petrol

Thanks in advance

Edited by Sashi
added more details

Hi Sashi, I'm wondering if one of the and sensors has failed or the connection point for the sensor has got rust or dirt on it? If it has then lightly sanding it may help to restore the connection. But the first thing I'd advise is a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I have checked the diagnostic code and found RL wheel speed sensor Faulty signal - Intermittent. Should try to remove and clean rust or dirt on it.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:29 PM, Sashi said:

Thanks Steve.

I have checked the diagnostic code and found RL wheel speed sensor Faulty signal - Intermittent. Should try to remove and clean rust or dirt on it.

Glad I could help :) 

Yep, definitely worth you trying to remove the Rust or dirt before replacing the sensor. 

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sashi said:

RL wheel speed sensor was faulty, yes I cleaned but it didn't work, so I replaced it by myself and the fault is cleared now.

Thanks

Nice one! Glad it's sorted and glad we could help :) 

Cheers

Steve