Automatic Headlight control issues

Andy Lavell

Warning notification on dashboard "headlight range control defective"

Also abs and traction control warning icons light up along with the notification 

Any pointers - advice greatly appreciated 

You guys.

Cheers Andy

Welcome to the forum Andy, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

My first port of call would be to get the battery checked to see how healthy it is (halfords can offer this service). I suggest this because once a battery starts to fail it can throw up various electrical issues. The normal life span of a battery is 5-7 years so you could be due a new one if you haven't had one already. 

In failing that it would be worth getting a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up.

Hope I've helped.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve

appreciated, the battery was changed about 18 months ago so think is ok putting out about 13 .2 v..

Have tried disconecting the battery leaving it for 15 mins then reconnecting to allow systems to reset ..no joy..

the diagnostic check is my nexr port of call and see if shows any error codes up

After that looking like a visit to audio

Many thanks again 

Andy L.

Glad I could help (kind of) Andy and glad it's not the battery at fault as this at least narrows down your search. 

I am also aware that on certain Audi models the headlight ballast box can fail and it might be worth seeing if this is what's wrong. It is about of a guess though. 

A diagnostic check is a good idea and one you have the fault codes you could always consider taking your car to an auto electrician (,if applicable) as this should be a cheaper option than Audi. 

Cheers

Steve