Audi emergency service vehicles

• 10 months later...

Not quite.... but nearly. I had a long career in London Fire Briagde until July last year when I retired. In the latter part of my career, I climbed the ladder (if you pardon the pun) and ended up as a Senior officer, which required me to have a lease car, fitted with a siren, covert blue lights and the inevitable 'kojak' magnetic roof light. Throughout that period I had a Saab, thee 5 series BMW's and ended up with a Volvo XC60. However,in 2009, I decided on an Audi. I had this Audi A6SE 20.0tdi for 18 months.

Unfortunately, I had a Friday afternoon car and Audi took it back after 18 months as it had been back with so many major faults. But the customer service was so good,  (compared to BMW & Volvo) that is why I returned to Audi and bought my Q7 last April just as I was approaching retirement.

I returned my last lease car (The Volvo) when I got the Q7. Unfortunately, the Q7 emmissions were just over that permitted to join the LFB essential car users scheme so I didn't get to see out my last few months with the Q7 all blue-lighted up. (I had to make do with a red & dayglo yellow marked pool car).

Quite a few LFB Officers have Audi's.... mainly A3's and A4's but a handful of A5's & A6's.... so if you see then flying about London, they may not be unmarked Police cars. 😉

DSC00186.jpeg

2 hours ago, SteveDude said:

Not quite.... but nearly. I had a long career in London Fire Briagde until July last year when I retired. In the latter part of my career, I climbed the ladder (if you pardon the pun) and ended up as a Senior officer, which required me to have a lease car, fitted with a siren, covert blue lights and the inevitable 'kojak' magnetic roof light. Throughout that period I had a Saab, thee 5 series BMW's and ended up with a Volvo XC60. However,in 2009, I decided on an Audi. I had this Audi A6SE 20.0tdi for 18 months.

Unfortunately, I had a Friday afternoon car and Audi took it back after 18 months as it had been back with so many major faults. But the customer service was so good,  (compared to BMW & Volvo) that is why I returned to Audi and bought my Q7 last April just as I was approaching retirement.

I returned my last lease car (The Volvo) when I got the Q7. Unfortunately, the Q7 emmissions were just over that permitted to join the LFB essential car users scheme so I didn't get to see out my last few months with the Q7 all blue-lighted up. (I had to make do with a red & dayglo yellow marked pool car).

Quite a few LFB Officers have Audi's.... mainly A3's and A4's but a handful of A5's & A6's.... so if you see then flying about London, they may not be unmarked Police cars. 😉

DSC00186.jpeg

Great bit of info there Steve 🙂 abd I commend you for the job you've done. I too have worked for the emergency services front line so I know how tough it can be! 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 years later...