dakes55

A8 D2 Fuse box location

can anyone tell me where the fuse box is located on a 2002 A8 2.8 Quattro, most of the other Audis ive owned have been at the right side of the dashboard end, its a right hand drive car

Thanks

Hi John I believe the fusebox is under the dash in the passenger side footwell. There will be a plastic cover you need to remove. 

Cheers

Steve

HI, thanks for that Steve, all that I can find there are relays, and a long flat black plastic tube that looks like it feeds the heating to the rear of the car, I cant see any plastic cover anywhere or the fuse box in this location ?

John

Usualy on audies there are on both ends of the dash as you open the door 

42 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Usualy on audies there are on both ends of the dash as you open the door 

I thought that too but I guess in light of John looking it must be on the left side? 

2 hours ago, dakes55 said:

HI, thanks for that Steve, all that I can find there are relays, and a long flat black plastic tube that looks like it feeds the heating to the rear of the car, I cant see any plastic cover anywhere or the fuse box in this location ?

John

Hmm, well all I can think is that it's on the other side of the dash (on the end and on the opposite side to where you've looked) 

Cheers

Steve

yes it a weird one and i cant find any info about it on the net, so i think i will have to call Audi and ask them, nothing on ends of dashboard by the way

1 hour ago, dakes55 said:

yes it a weird one and i cant find any info about it on the net, so i think i will have to call Audi and ask them, nothing on ends of dashboard by the way

Did you try to remove plastic trim , side panels of the dash as you open the doors?

No i didn't, they look like  some sort of air vents

At last I found the fuse box, for future reference its located in the driver side pillar, but not under the carpet.

15 hours ago, dakes55 said:

At last I found the fuse box, for future reference its located in the driver side pillar, but not under the carpet.

Glad you found it :) was it the fuse at fault? 

Cheers

Steve