Oil pressure light and engine rattle 2.0tfsi

Pezperry12

As it says in title really driving driving to work this morning and oil pressure light come on got out and it's rattling like a bag of old spanners it's booked in to have pcv changed next week and I checked oil everything looked OK just sounds terrible any body had anything similar cheers 

Hello Liam,

If it were mine, I would not ( should be in capitals)  drive this car - not even to the garage. You have a low oil pressure warning, and the worrying thing is you have an engine rattle. This car is trying to tell you something - such as the lack of oil pressure which this light is advising you of. This could be - and you hope not - a symptom of no oil being pumped under pressure around the engine.

Sorry Piotr, but personally I would not be inclined to think along the lines of a faulty oil pressure warning switch. The engine is rattling which suggests low/zero oil pressure , rather than good oil pressure and a faulty sensor.

Please Liam, treat these symptoms with respect. 

I can just wish you good luck with it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.