DPF

Hhliam

After leasing my last couple of cars, I have never thought about maintenance because the cars where not mine and regularly serviced.

Due to the increase in car leasing prices I decided to  purchase my Audi A6 at one year old and with low mileage.

I now think more about problems I may have in the future when the warranty expires, such as the DPF. I have heard horror stories mainly with  low usage of the DPF failing and failing after 50 or 60k miles. Just when warranty expires.

Apparently costing thousands to replace. I have looked on the net and come across this geezer from Australia explaining the DPF and why they really only cost a few hundred pounds to manufacture.

Have a look at the Youtube link, very informative, I know it's only an opinion but seems reasonable to me, also have a look at what he says about Premier Diesel too. Thanks Mark

He talks likes he knows what he is talking about and to be honest i believe him question beckons why do the car companies want to rip off their loyal customers, i`m so glad i dont have a DPF fitted to my A6 

I worked in a Volkswagen service department and can confirm the dpf can fail at as little as 50k if you are doing short drives. You should do a motorway drive at least once a week for a dpf regeneration to take place. 

To be fair it's the same with the egr and egr cooler too.