Eml light

Fyans1974

I’ve just recently purchased the car 2 weeks ago. Then last night the Eml light came on. I’m waiting on my carista obd to come. Does anyone know if I can take the car to a garage do you think this can be covered by my warranty as i only purchased it 2 weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, Fyans1974 said:

Will do. Hopefully it’s not going to cost me as I’ll be making sure the garage I bought the car from will be paying. 

Well it shouldnt cost you. And you may still be entitled to return the car for a refund, but this isn't guaranteed. 

I’ve recently purchased the carista obd so will plug it in see what the fault is and will be contacting the garage and will be getting a garage to fix at the cost of the company who sold me the car. I’m keeping the car as it’s a nice car to drive just thought that when I bought the car it shouldn’t have any faults come up. 

Hello Steven,

Sorry to hear of the issue.

If it were mine, I would not (should be in capitals) be plugging in anything to the OBD point, since it could be taken that you have been fiddling with it, and the supplying garage may then argue their way out of this. I'm really not sure what you would intend to get out of it anyway since your rightful concern should only be that the fault is fixed - you should not need to have any involvement in finding its cause.

I'm sure they will attend to this for you, but it might be worth realistically bearing in mind that it is highly unlikely that any 7 year old car will be free from faults or issues.

Good luck with getting it sorted. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

i`m with Gareth on this one dont turn up at the garage saying you plugged in OBD and found fault codes they may say its something you done messing with OBD and as such your warranty is now void, just give them the car as is and let them fix any issues m8

Cheers guys, I’m going to phone the garage I got the car from and see what they say. I’m hoping they fix it for me but my only issue is they are based in n Edinburgh and I’m in Dundee so I’m hoping I can get it sorted in my local garage and they the costs under my warranty.