A5 paint protection film

Rubensolo

Hi everyone,

Collecting an A5 TDI coupe next week. Very excited about it. Still wondering on whether or not is worth it to get a Paint Protection Film to avoid stone chips. 

Cost would be around £1200 for the front. I could respray for a fraction of it at least twice within 4 years which is likely to be the same price as the film protection. Appreciate any feedback or views on this.

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Rubensolo said:

Hi everyone,

Collecting an A5 TDI coupe next week. Very excited about it. Still wondering on whether or not is worth it to get a Paint Protection Film to avoid stone chips. 

Cost would be around £1200 for the front. I could respray for a fraction of it at least twice within 4 years which is likely to be the same price as the film protection. Appreciate any feedback or views on this.

Thanks!

Hi Ruben, I'm not surprised you're excited! 

Paint protection can't protect the paint from a stone hitting a car at speed. It'll probably help reduce the damage but it can't stop stonechips etc. 

Cheers

Steve

12 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hi Ruben, I'm not surprised you're excited! 

Paint protection can't protect the paint from a stone hitting a car at speed. It'll probably help reduce the damage but it can't stop stonechips etc. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that Steve. 

I guess a respray would be better if I am actually bothered by the stone chips.

Am I right to assume a respray to the affected area would be possible in case of stone chips? Wondering what is the likely cost of it. 

I'm having a nervous breakdown here for you Ruben, just on the thought of what you are going to be worrying about next and Audi are going to extract out of your  wallet. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

I'm having a nervous breakdown here for you Ruben, just on the thought of what you are going to be worrying about next and Audi are going to extract out of your  wallet. 

Yes 🙂 Worrying too much but I assume everyone goes through the same when they are new to car ownership. 

At least the waiting is almost over. 

13 hours ago, Rubensolo said:

Thanks for that Steve. 

I guess a respray would be better if I am actually bothered by the stone chips.

Am I right to assume a respray to the affected area would be possible in case of stone chips? Wondering what is the likely cost of it. 

You'd be better respraying to get rid of stonechips. But unfortunately they are a fact of life and are inevitable. 

If it were me I'd save my money. 

Cheers

Steve

1 minute ago, niedzial1983 said:

£1200 for a clear bra ? Sounds way to expensive You can wrap whole car for that price...

I checked different suppliers and £1200 came as the cheapest compare to others in the area. Do you have a link for a different provider?