2.0 TDI 184 Possible Problem

BluWarfareHD

Yesterday I was stuck in traffic turnt off down a country road and had to break hard into a bend. Since then the car has felt down on power,  especially at junctions and standing starts. I've had a quick look around the engine to see if I could see any split hoses coming off the turbo, but couldnt see anything(is a bit tight in there, so dont know if there is any pipes for an intercooler if fitted?). While under the bonnet had a listen and seems to be louder at the drivers side of the engine(more knocky).

Also noticed today with the windows down stuck in the city traffic that in 2nd gear the gearbox(stronic)drops the rpm down to almost idle speeda then as soon as you touch the throttle it goes back to where you would expect the rpm to be, this is in the standard gearbox setting. I know the s tronic disconnects the clutch in eco mode but even only does it over a certain speed.

Could really do without expensive bills at the moment as work are cutting hours and overtime down.

Thanks

Hi Nathaniel,

My advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up. This should cost you around £60. 

Just out of curiosity what caused you to brake? Did you hit anything in the road in a pot hole etc?

Cheers

Steve

• 2 months later...

Sorry for such a late response, I decided not not have a check as I think it was me just worrying, as a friend had a drive and said it felt fine. 

The reason for the sudden hard braking was that the country road I went down and was unfamiliar with, so I was checking the sat nav for a unlternate route. A stupid mistake, out of frustration.