Newbie buying advice

Critical_mass

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, so hello!

Im off to view an A6 avant 2.7 Le mans tomorrow. Im wondering apart from the usual, what to look out for inparticular?

I've had VWs all my life and this is the first Audi i am buying, so not in the know with them.

Thanks

Gaz

Cheers for the vid, informative. 

Reading further online, whatcar says the le mans Was introduced in 2009. By the car I'm going to see and another I've seen for sale are 57 and 08 plate respectively? 

Audi a6 c6 lemans was introduced in 2006 and originaly audi said they will do 1000 only in 3.0tdi . 

https://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/19/audi-commemorates-r10-tdi-win-with-a6-le-mans-edition/

After the facelift (2009) audi added lemans spec as trim option to all models to boost sales 

Around 2010 they got in trouble with lemans organisers for rights of using the name so they changed it to special edition ...

1 minute ago, niedzial1983 said:

Audi a6 c6 lemans was introduced in 2006 and originaly audi said they will do 1000 only in 3.0tdi . 

https://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/19/audi-commemorates-r10-tdi-win-with-a6-le-mans-edition/

After the facelift (2009) audi added lemans spec as trim option to all models to boost sales 

Around 2010 they got in trouble with lemans organisers for rights of using the name so they changed it to special edition ...

Thanks for the info. 

I take it the 2.7 and 3.0 diesels have oil level sensors instead of a dipstick? 

So on 2.7 tdi or 3.0tdi you want to avoid 2004- 2006 engines as they have issues with timing chains and injectors , late 2006 are fine ...

Dont know the codes for 2.7 but for 3.0 avoid bmk engine , asb are the improved one and facelifted even better 

Also some 3.0tdi are registered as 223mg co2 (300£ road tax) and some are 226mg co2 ( 500£ road tax) . Dont ask me why lol. Just check v5 form to be sure 

OK so I'm literally at the car now. All looks good but the engine light is on. Code showing a p3008 intake manifold control running open circuit p3008. 

How serious is this? Car idles fine, though a little tappy but assume that's cos it's a v6. Revs OK too. Gonna take it for a spin and see

Definition of check engine code P3008:
Volkswagen/Audi:
Camshaft position (CMP) sensor - signal limit exceeded

are you sure the code is not P2008

2 minutes ago, Critical_mass said:

Yeah I'd read that. Is it easy to fix or expensive and time consuming 

i`ve no idea on costs m8 sorry

No worries thanks. Gone to see another. More miles. Looks good. Couple of small issues but nothing major, no engine light. Is the rear wiper not working common. The rear wiper isn't at its resting position and doesn't work on the stalk.