Need some help! Few issues a

YAS19

Hi all

1.So my driver side passenger door seems to have moods when I unlock the car the door doesn't want to unlocked however if I put the window down and open the door from the inside then it's fine.. and some times I have no issues what so ever it works perfectly fine? Any advise on what this could be? 

2. When I turn my steering wheel at stand still or very low speeds like reverse parking it seems to make a funny noise when I turn I'm not sure if it the steering rack? However on normal driving no issues or sound with it? Any one know what this may be ? 

Much appreciated! 

Thank you 

Hi Yasin,

When I had a similar issue with my central locking I had an auto electrician have a look and diagnosed the fault to the drivers door locking mechanism. It cost me £120 to fix. 

Obviously if it's not this then it could be the central locking module which will be a lot more to replace. In which case it might be worth you getting a diagnostic check carried out to see if any fault codes flag up.

With regard to your second issue, what kind of noise is it? If it's a whine then it could be the powers steering pulley or pump. But in my opinion the first thing to check is the power steering fluid. If it's low then there could be a leak in the system.

Cheers

Steve

Regarding the doors I'll get it checked out as soon as maybe worth getting the whole car checked over again.

The noise when turning it feels more like judder if that makes sense but the car moves fine it's just when turning or locking the wheel again it's something that comes and goes 

My first port of call would be to check the fluid level in the power steering as well as checking tyre pressures. 

You've not hit a pot hole or something like that? I ask as it could have knocked the tracking out slightly despite it driving fine.

Cheers

Steve