Locking wheel nuts

danielsmith89

Hi all,

I might be being dumb, but in my 2016 SQ5, I can't find the key for my locking wheel nuts.

The manual says it should be the toolkit in the boot, but I can't see anything in there that looks like the usual style locking wheel nut key, just a bunch of random-looking screwdrivers and wrenches. 

The wheel nuts have a cover over them, is this the security and you use one of the screwdriver looking things? or am I missing them and need to contact Audi.

I had my tyres changed today, and they didn't struggle so I could just be being an idiot! 

Thanks, 

Dan

Hello Dan,

There are only two possibilities:- 

There aren't any locking nuts on the wheels, or

The tyre fitting depot has retained the locking nut remover - explaining why you cannot find it. (assuming you have only looked for it since then). 

Either way, the answer lies there. 

If it were mine, I would be paying them a visit (I would not depend in a phone call) and seek their advice. 

Funny thinks can happen when you assume, so - if there weren't locking nuts on the tyre changed wheels, I'd be asking them to check that there aren't any on the other two wheels. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply.

No I couldn't find them before I went to have the tyres done either, but they even said afterwards they had put them back in the boot, signifying they must have used them today.

All very odd indeed, perhaps I'm just not looking properly!

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the reply, but please do confuse the elderly! If you couldn't find it, how could they lose it !? 

It either has locking wheel nuts or it doesn't, and you definitely need to know,  before you have any need to remove the wheels. If there are locking wheel nuts then the special remover should be identifiable, and available, via. giving the VIN to your Audi dealer.

Kind regards,

Gareth.