A6 leaks

Avjester123
聽Share

Hi all, looking for advice, I've aquired a leak (water inside) carpets soaking wet drivers side front and rear footwells. Now the gearbox ecu has decided to pack up, am I right in thinking its located under the drivers carpet area? If so does anyone know where the leak maybe coming in from, I've checked the air-con drains, also the drainage points from the roof etc! Really struggling now and can't see the point in getting the ecu repaired until I source the problem... Please can anyone help? 馃檹馃檹馃檹

Check the drain holes on the underside of your doors - any noticeable water in the doors? If they do not drain they may fill to a point where they leak into the cabin through the door card

• 3 months later...

I had a problem with water getting into the passenger side footwell for some time. The scuttle drain below the battery was checked as this can block but that was not the problem.聽

I eventually used a bottle brush to clean out the drain holes at the bottom of the windscreen near the hinge point of the bonnet. I was not aware that they were there until i shoved the brush down.聽The car has been dry for years now.

Worth a go, it takes minutes to do, best to have the bonnet open.

The other area is the pollen filter housing. Mine cracked and was causing water ingress into the passenger side footwells. I've also had the scuttle panel one too. Think failed door seals can cause leaks as well if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 years later...

Hi all, new to this forum but where about is the hole near bonnet hinge ,is it where the wing sits next to passenger door,cheers聽

On 1/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, Lawl said:

Hi all, new to this forum but where about is the hole near bonnet hinge ,is it where the wing sits next to passenger door,cheers聽

Have you got a picture for reference?聽