2008 A3 with central locking and power window problems

Mungo2007

Hi all 

I have just bought a 2008 A3 S Line with a few minor problems. 

Power windows on drivers side do not work at all but work on passenger side. 

Central locking activates but does not lock on the drivers side and when unlocked will not unlock passenger side. 

I have been doing some research and it looks like it could be the vacuum pump what do people think. 

i have also read another forum post about the windows is this linked to the vacuum pump as well or is this another separate problem?

Any help hugely appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Does sound like it could be the vacuum pump. But the central locking issue could be linked to the drivers door locking mechanism which controls the rest of the central locking. I had a similar issue and it cost me £120 to fix.

Cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem and found it was the door wiring loom had a break right where the door hinge is try to remove the rubber cover over the loom and check for breaks in the wires soldered mine up and all works fine now 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mungo2007 said:

I had a similar problem and found it was the door wiring loom had a break right where the door hinge is try to remove the rubber cover over the loom and check for breaks in the wires soldered mine up and all works fine now 

Good suggestion Duncan 👍