S-Line or no S-Line Q7

Descarl

Hi all

Been away from Audi's for a while but I'm considering buying a Mk1 Q7 3.0TDi (mid-2009) and have found one that looks interesting.  It's listed as a S-Line but I can't see any S-Line badges on the pictures in the advert.  Can anyone tell me what are the differences, externally, between an S-Line model and a SE model, preferably with pictures if possible.

Thanks

Carl

Hey Carl, 

Q7 S line package generally includes

* Leather seating surfaces or half leather 
* Sport suspension
* Front grill and rear side moldings with S-line badge
* Aluminum interior door sills with S line logo
* S line front and rear bumpers
* Brushed aluminum beltline trim
* S line 3 spoke steering wheel (shift paddles on auto tiptronic models only). See has a 4 spoke wheel. 
* 20" S line wheels with 275/45 all- terrain tyres. 

Where the suspension will differ from this is if the car has add air suspension added as an extra. 

the front bumper has an additional apron that's painted and a different grill on the s-line. Down the side of the lower doors the s line has painted mouldings whereas the SE has bare plastic. The rear bumper on the s line has a different rear balance too. 

interior wise you might find the s line may have better levels of kit unless additional premium packages were added to an se. 

The s line gets sportier front seats with better bolsters and knee support. Bare in mind you may have been able to order sports seats as an extra on a se. 

If it were me I'd have an s line. 

Hope I've helped

Cheers

Steve

s line. Spec

audi-q7-2009-579l.jpg

Se spec

AUDI-Q7-00.jpg

Audi_Q7_3.0TDI_Quattro_rear.jpg

S line rear bumper

audi-q7-4l-s-line-new-oem-rear-bumper-tow-hook-bar-cover-cap.jpg

S line interior note the different seat base. 

audi_q7_3.0_tdi_quattro_s_line_7.jpg

Se interior

images (17).jpeg

S line steering wheel

1780654_10152335968633060_1532383181_n_zpsb19a5fee.jpg

Se Steering Wheel. Also note different seat base to s line seat base. 

$_86.png

• Thanks 1

Hello Carl

Wow it is indeed. All the detail required to identify exactly what you could be looking at with the vehicle of interest. 

The only thing I would add is to ask, do you actually want the stiffer sports suspension and lower profile -harder ride - that goes with the S-Line package?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, Descarl said:

Wow, that's great.  Thanks for the excellent answer

You're welcome, glad I could help 🙂 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Carl

Wow it is indeed. All the detail required to identify exactly what you could be looking at with the vehicle of interest. 

The only thing I would add is to ask, do you actually want the stiffer sports suspension and lower profile -harder ride - that goes with the S-Line package?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Gareth raises a good point about the suspension, it will be a lot firmer with three lower ride height, bigger wheels and lower profile tyres. 

. But do check if it has the optional extra air suspension. It does give a lovely ride, but boy is it expensive to fix if it goes wrong. And at the age of the car compressors, airbags and level sensors will start to fail. 

I personally would try and pick one with air suspension as it's less hassle both financially and time when it does break. 

Here's a YouTube video which may help too: 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks both, not sure about the air ride but hopefully a couple of test drives, when this lock down is lifted, will help make up my mind.  The one thing I really would like is the BOSE audi systems, shallow I know but I had it in my A4 and the sound was amazing for an OEM system.

Also thanks for the link to the video, definately worth watching.

Once again thanks for all the help, hopefully I can return the favour on the site when I do manage to get hold of a Q7

3 hours ago, Descarl said:

Thanks both, not sure about the air ride but hopefully a couple of test drives, when this lock down is lifted, will help make up my mind.  The one thing I really would like is the BOSE audi systems, shallow I know but I had it in my A4 and the sound was amazing for an OEM system.

Also thanks for the link to the video, definately worth watching.

Once again thanks for all the help, hopefully I can return the favour on the site when I do manage to get hold of a Q7

You're most welcome Carl, please keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers

Steve