Audi A3 2004 maf sensor fault replaced maf sensor

Joe_brown

Hi all 

so I’ve had a problem with my car. It’s an Audi 2004 A3 pd engine 

I left my car for some time as my wife had a baby. It was fine when I parked it up.  when I tried to start it again it was dead so I jumped the car and a fault came in it was the maf sensor. 
move replaced the maf sensor and the fault it still there. 
I have checked the voltage to the old maf sensor and it’s at 5 volts, when I start the car the maf stays at 1 volt and won’t move even when u Rev the car. 
the new maf sensor has a 5 volt input and it has 40 mili volts and moves ? Have I brought the wrong maf sensor? 
also the power at Hugh revs over 2000rpm is really low especially when on a motorway it’s lack of power is very noticeable and sometimes goes into limo mode. 
I can hear my turbo kicking in a whining when I drive also  

im thinking there is a few problems 

maf sensor fault 

stuck egr valve 

leak in a pipe ( was fine when I left it tho)

actuator not working properly. 

many help would be greatly appreciated or someone with the same fault. 

Welcome to the forum Joe, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch. 

You say the car battery was left to go flat and then youve jump started it. In light of this I'd advise you get the battery checked first before changing other parts. If a battery is not operating at full/proper capacity then it can cause other electrical gremlins a d warning lights to come on etc. 

Cheers

Steve

I echo Steve's comments. A few months ago I had a battery that was starting to die and it caused a few electrical problems when driven, even though the alternator was putting out a good charge. It didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't but the proof of the pudding...

• Like 1