Difference between q7s

Lookingforaq7

Hello everyone

I am looking to buy a q7 and I was wondering what the difference is with the 06-09 model and the 2010-2015 model. The former are going for about 7k and the latter are going for about 10k and wanted to know if it was worth spending the extra 3 grand on the newer one. I know the tax is lower and engine slightly more economical. I hear it's the face lift but both look the same to me. Anything different inside? I'm looking to get a s line.

Thank you everyone

If I was looking for a mk1 Q7 I’d get a 2011 onwards as this was the year where the 6 speed gearbox was changed to an 8 speed unit which makes the car cruise a lot better and drops the tax bracket so it’s no longer nearly £600 a year. Also the mmi will be a 3G unit with sd card storage rather than the 2G unit which had a 6 cd unit built into the dash but no sd card storage. There are 2 versions of the 2G unit (2006-2009) a high and a low. All cars which have sat nav are high versions which has a colour screen. The low unit has a red screen which doesn’t look very attractive. Easy way to tell if a car has sat nav if looking at pictures before visiting a dealer is to look at the rear roof section as sat nav cars have a shark fin at the back. 

The 3G unit can be manipulated in vcds to copy cds onto the jukebox storage and also play dvds whilst in motion.

Cream of the crop is a 2014-2015 sport edition which has the V12 body kit, 21 inch alloys and almost every option available. Expect to pay around £22k for a good low miles example with a pan roof.