Now a proud owner of an A8 SE Exec 3.0 258bhp.

John1292

Had a brand new A4 B8 Black Edition Quattro 2.0tfsi with all the options i could put on it from factory in 2011, and was cherished immensely. I kept it until November last year (2019) and sold it. I then bought a Jaguar XJ X351 and loved it straight away, the novelty wore off after a couple of months. Too rear happy, and just didn't hug the road like the A4 did which i missed. So I thought i needed to get back into Audi again and found this lovely 2014 A8 facelift. what an absolute beauty. finished in Panther black pearl (same as the A4) 1 owner from new. full Audi service history. and still smells new inside. i don't think the previous owner had many friends as all the seats and carpet are in pristine condition lol. and only done 37000 miles.

I am now extremely happy i have got this one. STUNNING!!!

There is two things I need to ask though. the sat nav is out of date. How can this be updated? and secondly the touch pad only shows the numbers. I take it this can not be used for entering locations into the sat nav?  

20200702_1231361.jpg

20200702_123002.jpg

20200702_1231541.jpg

20200702_123220.jpg

20200701_161429.jpg

Welcome to the forum John, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 very nice looking Audi. Think the sat nav used an SD card which can be found either in the glovebox or armrest. If it's built in then it's an update at Audi I'm affraid. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I got in touch with Audi on the sat nav update and they wanted £300 to do it. I had a look on the web and found a company called navigationupdate. I bought the 2019-2020 MMI3G update including the navigation update. Comes in 3 SD cards where one them has the code for the navigation part. I havnt received it yet as it's due to arrive today. If anyone are thinks I'm doing the wrong thing please advise before I start the update. 

Thanks again.

John

• 10 months later...

Nice. + Will be economical for a petrol engine one.

I lol'd a little when I  saw its humungousness parked in front of that garage.

I'm going to guess you use it for bicycles, cardboard boxes and your lawn mower.  Either that or you're that guy from an old X-Files episode called 'Tooms'  😁